We are proud to have hosted the 2015 Western Amateur Championship. Congratulations to Dawson Armstrong, the 113th Champion!
The Western Amateur has been a prestigious national tournament since its founding in 1899. Many of the great names in golf have won the Western Amateur. Many more have competed in the championship but were unable to conquer the grueling test that is the Western Amateur. 156 invited players come from across the globe to play one of the toughest formats in amateur golf. The field will play 18 holes of individual stroke play on Tuesday and Wednesday after which the field will be cut to the low 44 scores and ties. Those remaining will play 36 holes of individual stroke play on Thursday to determine the low 16 finishers. The “Sweet Sixteen” will compete at Match Play on Friday and Saturday to decide the champion.
The Western Amateur’s Sweet Sixteen have turned out to be quite an elite group in the golf world. Over the years, Sweet Sixteen members have won all of the following:
- 30 of the last 36 PGA TOUR Player of the Year awards
- 7 of the top 20 on the PGA TOUR career money list
- 30 major championship winners for a total of 75 major championships
- 16 events on the 2013 PGA TOUR schedule
- 5 participants in the 2012 Ryder Cup
- 15 of the last 20 U.S. Amateur Champions
For more information please visit TheWesternAmateur.com.